Student visa

Student visa

A student visa is a common way for people to migrate to Australia. This visa option allows you to gain qualification from an Australian institution. An Australian qualification if very respected worldwide

The exact requirements for this visa will depend upon the level of risk assigned to your application (the ‘Immigration Risk’), which is a combined immigration risk assessment determined by the risk rating of the education provider and your passport nationality.

Benefits of The Career Visa

Being a carer visa holder (116 or 836), you can:

  • Live in Australia as a permanent resident for indefinite period
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
  • Leave and revisit Australia frequently for five years from the date of visa grant

Eligibility Criteria

For Visa Applicants:

  • You must live in Australia to provide care for a relative with long term medical condition or assist relative who needs practical support to provide care to their family member with a medical condition
  • Your relative is not able to get the care they need from any other relative or from nursing, hospital, welfare community in Australia
  • You must genuinely be willing and efficient enough to take care or assist your relative in Australia
  • You and all the dependent family members in the visa application must meet health and character requirements
  • You must be sponsored by the relative (who requires care and assistance) or their partner
  • If you are applying for this visa to assist your relative for taking care of the family member, that relative and the family member who needs care must be living in the same house.

A carer visa (subclass 116 and 836) allows individuals to live in Australia

Student Visa Extension

If you are successful with your Australian student visa application and arrive and study in Australia for a period of time, you may want to seek Australian student visa extension. Since you are now in Australia and more familiar with the laws and customs of this country, the best course of action would be to contact one of the local migration agents for help with the student visa extension. Important fact to point out is that you can only extend your stay in Australia if your student visa does not specifically state No Further Stay.

The exact amount of funds a student requires is set by Department of Home Affairs, and is determined by your chosen education provider, your course of study and other personal circumstances. Please contact us for further details.

As the visa applicant, you must:

  • Enroll with an Australian education provider as a full-time student, and obtain written confirmation of this enrolment (predominantly on-line courses are not eligible).
  • Genuinely intend to complete the relevant period of study in Australia.
  • Have the required level of English language proficiency unless exempt.
  • Have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of your intended stay in Australia.
  • Have access to sufficient funds to cover your return airfares, tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia, as well as costs required for any dependents included in your application.